Friday, February 29, 2008

Smart Kitty and Her Very Own Cat Dancer

I ran into Leisure Time Pet & hobby store last night, to purchase algae wafers for the aquarium. And, anytime I'm in a pet store, I can't pass up one of these:

A toy, for Minx. Have you seen these things? It's a couple of pieces of cardboard, wadded up and stuck on the end of a piece of piano wire.

Seems like I'd be able to make my own, but I've never been able to replicate the real thing.

Cats go kuh-RAZY over these things. Minx goes so nuts that I usually have to stop playing with her, for fear she'll have a heart attack.

But she's one smart kitty, and has figured out that if she picks up the "handle" end in her mouth, and slinks forward just a bit, the "business" end of this toy will begin to flip around. She knows that if she keeps her mouth shut, she's in for as much fun as she can stand. Here's how she spent her time last night, in between bouts of catching her breath:



My cat is a genius.

11 comments:

  1. Your cat is so cute. Its funny how the little things entertain them. And how much joy it brings to us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of those things years ago. The cats literally loved it to death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I can't see the cat (she whines)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jazz: If you click on the arrow, you still can't see it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I'm going to get one for my daughters cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're cat is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great! I am so amused by kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've always had a calico cat(we're on number 3!)- everyone with a different personality!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww! And no matter HOW many times I tell the neiceling not to leave it lying around AFTER she done playing with the cats... and so the cats exact their evil revenge and shred ours to BITS when none of us are around... And I just *sigh heavily* and buy another one...

    The laser pointers work great, too.

    Love the vid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! I'm still cracking up! I used to have one of those; should get one again.

    ReplyDelete

Back talk! Comment here!