Wednesday, February 08, 2006

PropShopping

A rare event on Monday: Brian and I went out shopping. I mean TOGETHER. The TWO of us! Whoo, Hoo!! I was buying, of course, but when your kid is 19, it's worth the price of a pair of Adidas Samba's for 2 hours of his time.

After shoes, we intended to run into Gordmans for cheap socks, then dash back out. Howevahhhhh, we passed a planter in the shape of a teacup on the way out. I had to stop and admire it, and Brian said, "too bad you don't have your camera."

What?!! Why in the heck did I buy a camera the size of a credit card if not to have it with me everywhere I go? I DO have my camera!! So, I took this picture:


HA ha ha! "Well, THAT was fun, let's see what other pictures we can take!" Oh, he WENT for it, can you believe it? We broke into a Whose-Line-Is-It game of props, and ran back through the store.

HAR HAR, he's drinking from a cat now. We crack ourselves up! Quick! Put this on your head:


Ya killin me! Next, to the art! LOOK!

A self-portrait!!! Wheeze, we are are so funny!!! Where's some more art?!!!


Yeah, Ok. NOT Funny. Let's go try something on. Hold these up!


He actually asked me, "Mom, are these really men's?" I love it when I am a source of wisdom! Let's keep going! Hold up this nightie! "Yah. Like that's going to happen." All right, then, put these on:

Look at that face: the fun is wearing off. Well, let's pay for the socks then. In the meantime, didn't we have an unexpected good time?!!

For those of you who have been inquiring, yes, he still plans on joining the military. I've only put off updating you until we/he has a solid plan...In the meantime, I will continue to underhandedly, surreptitiously, convince him that continuing on with college...well...you know. In the meantime, I am going to keep a deathgrip on stolen moments like these.

9 comments:

  1. Whew!! These pictures are even better than I imagined them!

    The hair/self-portrait cracked me up!

    It's really nice that you two spent a fun evening together (and you have these cute pictures to remember it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! Looks like a really fun time. (I'm inspired to start carrying my camera around - but doesn't store security think you're a spy for some other store?) I particularly like the Weed sign. Hee hee. But what did it really say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    So! Awesome! Whew! Ya killin me!
    The weed one is my fave followed immediately by the slippes. PRICELESS! Glad to hear you're surreptiously sticking to your plan. Unrelated point: WENDY's icon is cowboy boots but the first million times I saw it I thought it was a cartoon. There was some comic with a fox (or was it a raccoon?) that it reminds me of but I can't for the life of me remember the name. It was syndicated in the Sunday comics for quite a while. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a little research and it apopears the comic I was talking about is "Over The Hedge" and yes, by now you think I'm over the edge. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did have some fun!

    The Sign said "Tumbleweeds"--why can't I think up stuff like that to paint and sell?

    Andy: Will look into that hedge comic. See your own blog for the WendyBoot dream I had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruben: I've got my camera; I'll meet you at the mall in 10 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHA! Holy crap! That Wendyboots is tha shit! Ripped out his vocal chords?
    Priceless! You are SO great! I'm glad I'm not the only one with..um..unusual dreams! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the record, I LOVE Wendy's boots! I just happened to have a boot-dream after contemplating her new pic when she put them on!

    Have I ever told you all that I often wake up walking?... Another blog topic, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! Wake up walking? Oh that's bad. Just got back from wendy boots. That girl is a howl!

    ReplyDelete

Back talk! Comment here!