Jazz, at Haphazard Life, has awarded me a thinking blogger award, and thus tagged me for this meme.
The meme originated at The Thinking Blogger, in February. The idea is to list 5 bloggers that make you think.
The timing is perfect. As of Thursday, I will be on a mini-vacation of sorts. Now I'll have an opportunity to send you to some other worthwhile reading.
Jazz has already made me think, very hard, as I toggle back and forth, memorizing links, and scouring my Bloglines, to pick out my 5 thinkiest blogs. Still, I've narrowed it down to 5 that will make you think your brains out, and improve your very lives.
The envelope, please:
1. I check in every day to ChezBez. There's always, and I mean always something worth reading here: Photography, music, literature, and general commentary on the Nashville, TN, scene from a hard-working guy that loves his familia. It's never not interesting.
2. Everyday Happenings of a Frugal Mom. This new blogger holds a dear place in my heart, having lived with me for a while when she was 12 years old. She's now a 30-something SAHM of three, and one of the most amazing people I know: she's so many things that I'm not. I knew I was sure to learn from her when she started blogging. She's given me plenty to think of, with her entries of organic foods, local dairies, product reports, and the raising of 3 cute kids.
3. Karla has a blog called Create Something Today. Karla seems to live by example. Her blog is chock-full of photography of her 3 beautiful kiddies, and of her art and paperwork. I love that pen and ink and paper stuff, though I've never mastered putting it all together. Karla has it down. Check it out.
4. I know I've linked to Wendy a million times, and I just have to put her here again. Her blog is very thinky! It's a nice balance of introspective, thoughtful entries, intermingled with stories and photos of her friends and family. I love people that love their people. And their boots.
5. It's Matt's World. A local blog by one of our Democrat county board members, but there's plenty of think-think-think material for all of you, nation- and worldwide! A mostly political blog with plenty of general commentary to mix it up. I learn a lot from reading Matt's blog, and if I hadn't met him a couple times at blogger meetups, I'd probably be intimidated by him, cuz he's so smart! Smart and genuinely nice: lots of good information here, without the blow-hard attitude.
So there you are. I'll be scarce until next week, but bank on plenty of photos and stories when I get back.