Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Memories: IV

Brandi reminded me of a Christmas Memory Must; a time-honored dreaded Christmas Day event in our family: A Barry Manilow Medley-Duet, sung by me and Tim. The kids, especially in their teen years loved hated it. When Dad was alive, he looked forward to it so much that he'd go out into the garage until it was over.

Cue the lights, it's time for Mandy, folks. We'll go Up, Down trying to get that feeling again, because We Can't Smile Without You. My name is Lo(r)La, I am a Show Girl; We Write the Songs.


Our big finish is always Dr. Pepper....So Misunderstoooo-ooodddd, and for an encore, we're willing to be stuck on Band-Aids.

Sadly, we have no photographic or video evidence of our legendary song stylings.

I'll see what we can do to rectify that situation...but I'll have to trick Tim into it. It's easy; all I have to do is promise him that I won't blog it. Then he'll say "that's what you said last time," then I'll say, "I promise-promise-promise I won't blog you in this [compromising photo]."



Man, he falls for it every time.



6 comments:

  1. *snort*
    That sweet guy TRUSTS you, Lori and look at what happens. lol
    I was totally in love with Barry Manilow when I was a teenager and spent hours and hours listening to his greatest hits album with all the commercial jingles included on it. I notice you didn't state that you sang the Kentucky Fried Chicken ditty. That's a good one.
    The sentence about your dad made me laugh out loud.
    As did the photo of Tim in the pretty hat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Snort. That Tim. Such a trusting guy. His smile has always been so infectious.....I remember when I was little I loved to see him smile...it just made me happy.
    As for Barry Manilow, well, Ill listen very happily when its time for the duet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the tree joke and your new porch, but please do not sing Barry Manilow songs!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barry Manilow probably made more dough from the jingles he wrote than the songs he did! I'd pay money for a video of you singing this stuff- ya nut! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly, Tim read this post and refused to sing with me. He did, however, throw out a line or two under the radar, but every time I joined in, he clammed up.

    Better luck next year...

    ReplyDelete

Back talk! Comment here!