Thursday, June 03, 2010

Relay for Life: June 12, 2010

Last fall, Tim & Teri's niece, Jenny, just 30 years old, was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was news that rocked the family, and I won't even pretend to have any idea how Jenny and her husband Tommy felt. She has since finished up her chemotherapy, and is on the backside of her radiation treatments, with 4 more to go. Woo hooo!

I've met the family for many Sunday lunches since Jenny was diagnosed, and she's always there with her hubby, tending to their 2 children, Clayton and Kaitlin. She is sweet and smiling, and her love for her family is always evident. My heart always goes out to all of them, and I admire her courage more than she knows.





I am walking, on June 12, in the American Cancer Society Relay for Life, in honor of Jennifer Holzinger.

Our Team name is Strides for Jeni, and if you'd like to sponsor me, to raise some important money in Jennie's name, click HERE.

I want to go on here, and write something prolific about how important money for cancer research is, and how scary and terrible this disease is, but I can't think of anything that wouldn't be stating the obvious. Instead, I'll just note that we're tent #82, I'll be at the track off and on all day, and taking my shift at exactly midnight, with celebration in my heart for Jenny and the end of her treatments, and with my sister's memory, as it does every day, moving me forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back talk! Comment here!