Sunday, January 06, 2013

A New Year, A New Decade



 I'm fifty! 50! Fiddy!

Oh, boy, do I have a lot to say about it, too. Change, it is a-happenin, here, there, and everywhere.

First up: I'm going to revamp the blog: I am shutting down comments. Blogger isn't as interactive as it was when I began posting. My contacts use other avenues to communicate, which leaves me wasting valuable time moderating spammers and a string of tedious trolls competing for a trophy in inane obscenities.Yawn.

Next: Does anyone have a screen name any more?  New acquaintances do not know or associate me with "gnightgirl," and communiques from accounts and apps set up years ago are being blocked.

"Gnightgirl" was a pseudonym based on George Burns & Gracie Allen's vaudeville comedy. The famous sign-off: "Say Goodnight, Gracie." It was was only one of my screen names wrought from the famous comedy duo, and I hereby retire the last.

New Years' Resolutions? Yeah, yeah, yeah, blog more, drink  more water, I say it every year.

But this year, I mean it! I am going to blog 8 times a day this year, and drink water at least once a week. Ok, maybe every two weeks. I am 50, after all, and don't want to tax my bladder.

I'll let you know where to find me.

Mmmmwah!