Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Draw the stripes, paint the stripes...

Busy now, but a lull in the activity a week ago, I got to spend time in the studio at work. I painted an 8-foot canvas with cute 'lil zebras a year or so ago, and the bossman liked it so much, he "commissioned" a smaller duplicate. I love being "sent" to the studio! It's a little chilly in the mornings, but there's a good heater back there and the day goes by incredibly fast when I'm lost with a pencil or a brush.

Here's the beginning...draw the stripes, draw the stripes...


Paint, paint, paint the stripes. Ow! My hand cramps afte a couple hours clinched around a small brush. Still...fun!


Zebra's and mini zebras done in a week. Aren't they goo-goo?


No. I'm NOT doing another. No matter how cute it would be.

But I'm working on some stuff at home...will keep you posted.

17 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! (them?)

    You can repro those, no? Cause I'd buy one, or two?

    Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally awesome! I would totally buy a print too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're quite an artist! I love them! I draw and paint watercolors from time to time. It's been a long time! :)I'll share one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. No more? Can't wait to see what you're working on at home...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:13 AM

    They ARE soooo goo-goo! I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow looks tedious and hard to me. They do lok good too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the zeebs, babe. You rock so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi G

    I can relate with the one in the middle (always going the wrong direction)...

    Reminds me of a drawing in an advertisment I saw where a galloping zebras stripes melted down into a bar code...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I have I told you already that you're really talented....well if I have don't be suprised if I tell you again!!!! LOL

    They excellent...and I love the butt in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee! Fun, fun, fun!!!! It always warms my heart no end to see you working. Your talent never ceases to amaze. You rock my dear!
    -President Andy

    ReplyDelete
  11. No. I'm NOT doing another. No matter how cute it would be.

    Oh Geez! And I was just going to order a dozen originals. ;)

    Very nice by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are adorable!!!
    I put them in Miss C's jungle themed room in a second!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, thanks everyone.

    I don't know the first thing about reproducing a painting to a print; maybe I'll look into it..after the next painting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i had no idea you did this!!?? very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. THAT IS SO GREAT!!! I want a fraction of your talent, please. And, yes, you need to make it a print. No doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A studio?!? *boggles* No one tells me these things!! :D Even if I'm artistically impaired, it's fun to be able to say that I work somewhere with a studio! Whee!

    ReplyDelete

Back talk! Comment here!