Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote


Alarm went off at 5:45 this morning, and I was off to the polls, telling Clint, "It's a historical day, and I'm going to participate!"

The polls were packed at 6 a.m., which made everyone smiley.

Well, everyone except the guy in front of me, who complained loudly through the 1-hour-wait, breathing coffee breath into my face, and explaining to all that was in earshot that today's system was a result of all of the dead people that voted for Kennedy in 1960. There are some people that just aren't happy unless they're unhappy, and this guy was in his glory.

15 minutes of politely listening to his tirade was enough for me; I pulled out the iPod, lost myself in a game of cribbage, avoiding eye contact, and thus forcing him to turn and talk at someone else.

I have to hand it to him, though: He voted.

So did I.

This is going to be one exciting day.

14 comments:

  1. It's a heavy turn out, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I cast my vote this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:16 AM

    I waited in line for 35 minutes this morning in my little village of Thomasboro. It was the first time I've ever had to wait more than 5 minutes. It looked like half the village was there and everyone was in a great mood.

    I can't wait for the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES WE CAN!

    I am so pumped today =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyyyy!

    Love your pic! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just did my voting this afternoon. Surprisingly, I had, like, no wait. Yay for everyone for getting out to vote!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:19 PM

    Lori - the pic makes me want to cry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Long lines here in Los Angeles, too. Where were all these people in 2004?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Historical for sure...Most voter turnout I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess timing is everything. We walked up to the elementary school around 2:30 and there were only two other people there. My state voted wrong, but my vote won. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful day. What voting can do for the soul.
    Now comes the hard part. It is going to be a challenging 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:29 AM

    nice bups

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love absentee voting.

    ReplyDelete

Back talk! Comment here!