Saturday, November 01, 2008

While You're Out and About This Weekend...


VOTE WITH A COAT...one day early

My buddy Steve Holstein, of Holstein & Company at WIXY (100.3), is working with the Champaign Schools Family Information Center, on Monday morning, from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., to collect new coats for kids that need them, in this community.

There will be a drive-through coat drive at Atlanta Bread Company on Neil Street, on Monday morning. Drive through, drop off a new coat or $10 in either the Obama or McCain box, and get a free bagel and coffee to go.

And you can get your photo taken with a cardboard replica of your candidate. Hey! You can enclose the photo in all of your e-mail attachments on Tuesday, to encourage your friends to vote for your guy!

Of course, this isn't about the photo; it's about keeping a little body all toasty warm this winter.

So: Here's an Adventure Idea for your familia: Skip the $8 theater tickets and the $9 popcorn tonight. Take the kids to Walmart. Target. Farm & Fleet. Buy one coat, a $5 DVD, and a box of microwave popcorn.

You'll see a movie, eat some popcorn, keep a kid warm this winter, and break even in the process.

Win-Win.

I'll see you Monday.

5 comments:

  1. You know what I like about "do-gooders" like you? You do really good.... A Blessing upon you today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I am going to be giving to more charaties this year because I know a lot of people aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BuffaloDick: Ah, thank you. Do-gooder...I dunno. Mother...yes. Oh, and being completely humbled by all that people have done for me has really heightened my awareness of how easy it is to help others.

    Karla: WIXY's idea; just had to put it out there!

    Greg: I'm learning fast that it doesn't take much to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:26 PM

    I'd better get over there on my way to work. What a great excuse for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

Back talk! Comment here!