Friday, November 21, 2008

Warm Fuzzy Consolation...

Ok. I'm not making this up; I did not set up or "time" these posts.

They happened like this:

While we were all feeling like crap with yesterday's post about Kim (and yes, we still do), I got another email from her--yes, yesterday--with this photo, and several more like it:



That's Santa Kim. Can you read the side of the box? "Soccer Balls from Noah, " it reads.


Those are soccer balls from Noah, the young man that sacrificed his birthday presents, last March, in exchange for soccer balls to send to the troops. It was a day I'll never forget, and one that you should read about, HERE, if you haven't! (I've you have already read it, go ahead and read it again. It gets me right in the ol' heartstrings every time.)


So, The Ever-Resilient Kim's in the spirit, dressing up and taking photos. I joyfully forwarded them to Noah's Mom, who e-mailed me back with this great news:


Noah is being honored by Illinois Lt. Governor, in Chicago, this weekend as a HOMEFRONT HERO!



YEAH!!!

If anyone ever deserved Hero Status, this kid is it. I can tell you up front that he never set out to be a hero, or hoped for recognition. I still smile at his nonchalantly shrugging when I gushed at his good will, and saying "I just want to hang out with my friends."

So. I'm declaring it Feel Good Friday:

Noah's a hero, in Kosovo AND in Illinois.

Kim, I know, may have a few snail mails coming her way; thanks to all that asked for her mailing address.

Life sometimes does take my breath away.

6 comments:

  1. The world is still full of good people no matter the economy. Thank you for the stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:58 PM

    Now, that is sooo heart warming..somehow felt so proud to look at that kid sitting among those soccer balls.

    You made my day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, young lady.. very well said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim has got a great smile and a great heart.
    And Noah? What a kid...simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:53 AM

    what a great kid! stories like this give you hope for the future...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noah is a very interesting boy, the world needs more like him, your not so bad yourself Lori. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Back talk! Comment here!