Today's the Big Day:
The Thanksgiving Brats Cookout, Potluck, and Care Package-Packing Extravaganza for Toys for Troops.
I'm so nervous. I'm so excited. 4:00 to 8:00, tonight, it is, at Silvercreek Greenhouse.
We still don't know what to expect, as far as the turnout. I do know that girl scouts, and the Illini Women's basketball team, and soldier's families, and chiefs of police and other friends and family are coming.
- We'll have Clint's covered trailer as a "mobile office" and a 10-foot flag to hang on it.
- We have a slide show featuring the soldiers on our mailing list.
- We'll have a S.W.A.K. booth, with postcards, lipstick and instant photo printers. Write a letter and throw it in a soldier's box.
- We'll have a few tents.
- I have a shiny new t-shirt that says "proud army mom."
- We have live music, Barbara Hamilton will be playing guitar and singing the blues.
- We'll have brats, and potluck dishes, and soda.
I just hope they know, I hope they understand how much we care.
We'll do everything we can to make them understand.
Wish us luck!
Here are but a few, on our list: