Monday, November 04, 2013

NaBloPoMo 4: Bear Coat

In the last couple years I've become a big fan of consignment shops and Goodwill stores, etc. When Diane was in town a couple of weeks ago, I dropped into the LaBelle Goodwill Boutique with her. It's Goodwill, but better than Goodwill. The very best brand names and designer loot that will bring a bit of higher price to the cause. 

On this particular day, nothing in the women's section moved me, so I meandered to the men's section, where I spotted a big old ugly sweater. A behemoth of a sweater, knitted in big fat yarn, lined with fur, and trimmed in leather.

Ugly as it was, it was still kind of spectacular, and I couldn't help but schlep it over to a mirror, and peel my own jacket off to try it on. 

Lordhavemercy, it looked awful. It was bulky, and gave me the silhouette of a grizzly bear, adding at least 75 pounds to my appearance.

It is also THE snuggliest, coziest garment I have ever tried on in my life. It weighs 4.5 pounds, and is so soft inside that...well, if you could just wear a giant hug around, this is what it would feel like.

Of course I bought it!  I call it my bear coat, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to live in this thing around the house, when subzero temperatures hit.

Here it is, and all it's beary glory:


Commence to coveting. 

2 comments:

  1. OMG. That is hideous! But I can definitely see the appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have size 3X (have you realized I'm *not* size 3X?) red flannel polar bear pajamas. Yep, I get it.

    ReplyDelete

Back talk! Comment here!