Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Awwww

Ok, I had one of those crap days. Two of the Upper Echelon snapped my head off out of the blue, leaving me with cartoon-y question marks over my head, followed by big black clouds, even though I know better.

I bucked up and took my new camera out to a local sculpture park that also has these Rent-A-Garden plots. Admiring fall harvest, I came across THIS little guy, completely flustered, and unable to get out of his web (click on that picture to get a better idea of just how tangled up he is!)

Being the Bird Whisperer, I told him "Hang on a second while I take your picture, and then I'll get you out of there, Buddy." I actually called him Buddy. So he sat still and said cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese, and then I saved his life, and then I felt better about the day.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:28 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:28 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:34 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, he is a cute little guy. Thanks God, you came along when you did to save him and take his picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. And so nice of you to bail him out too. Greetings fellow birdwhisperer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such a nice lady! You're creating good karma for yourself. By the way, what kind of camera are you shooting with??

    ReplyDelete
  7. PP: He had his eyes closed in the first shot, so he made me do it over.

    Andy: "Fellow" birdwhisperer? Do ye whisper at birdies also?

    NoLife: Oh, talking cameras! That was taken with my new little teensy Sony T1. I have an Olympus C3000 that's really great, and I dream about the Nikon D70 Digital SLR, but I'd have to prostitute myself to afford it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cor, yes, I be a-whisperin' ta tha wee bairns alla time. I seem to have a knack for finding lost, strayed or injured ones to nurse back to health and set free. I like to feed them, watch them and sing to them. We've had many a fair chat the boids and I. You may think I'm nuts but I have quite the vocabulary of bird calls. I even got a book with a CD to practice with.

    ReplyDelete

Back talk! Comment here!